Tuesday, January 12, 2010

An email to a friend

Dear readers, since I want to get our blog going, but still have limited access to time and internet needed to do it, I've decided to multi-task. I recently emailed a friend from Germany that I haven't seen in years, and thought it might be a window for you all into my world. Please read on!

Subject: So I stink at staying in touch...

...but I'm a lot better at loving people even when I haven't seen them for ages and ages. How are you?

I thought you might be interested that I'm moving to Chile -- hopefully by the end of 2010, with a preliminary stop in Costa Rica for Deane to attend language school.

Other than that, nothing much exciting is going on. We're your typical family with young children. I spend my days changing my 1-year old's diapers and trying to coax my 2-year old off of her emotional rollercoaster while hyping up the benefits of peeing and pooing on the potty instead of in her panties. She's a fascinating study in language acquisition, not to mention them both being a continual fountain of reasons to laugh. I enjoy them immensely. Will attach some photos, as long as I don't get an attack of mommy-brain and forget.

What sort of things fill your days, these days? How's your heart?

Forgive my briefness -- I only fool myself when I say I'll "soon" write a "real" letter to someone I've been meaning to contact. The moment my fingers hit the keyboard or my pen hits the paper, I'm unfailingly bombarded by miniature emergencies like a sudden craving for raisins or the need for mommy-snuggles RIGHT NOW! And oh, btw, Mom, we'd love to help you pen that letter. Why don't you just hand over the writing utensil? Wow! This makes a really good teething instrument! I can get it right back there in that empty space where my molars are going to be. Hey! That's my pen! What do you mean I can't run with it and spear my sister with it and write on the walls with it! Hey! HEY!! No fair!!!!

Right now they're with Grandma, so you get the unusual blessing of over 5 minutes of my emailing time all to yourself. :)

I've had fun writing to you. Hope you can carve out a few minutes from your own version of a crazy life and write back. I don't care if it's incoherent. I'm a pretty good interpreter of tongues these days. Just keep it somewhere in the realm of English, Spanish or German; complete sentences with articles, prepositions and helping verbs are not necessary for comprehension. ;)

Hugs and a prayer for your peace and whole-being well-being,

Krystal

P.S. I want your mailing address!
P.P.S. Are you the one person on the face of the planet who doesn't have a Facebook account? (not that I check mine more than once a quarter, anyway, but I looked for you and didn't find you...)

No comments:

Post a Comment